memoirs of MailLady Martha of a career delivering mail in San Francisco

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Life is Good

Today, coming home from the gym, I ran into the retired restaurant worker and his wife. They were on their way to Civic Center - to shop at the Farmer's Market. We chatted a short time, and when I asked how they were, he said, "Life is Good!" What an attitude of optimism. I delivered mail to this man and his wife for 20+ years, and I have to say, he had this attitude almost every day that I saw him. Coming from the Philippines, he raised his family in SF, retired from a union job with good benefits, and now has the time and health and sufficient wealth to enjoy his elder years. Life is, indeed, good, and I'm so glad to see him reap the rewards of his labor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home