memoirs of MailLady Martha of a career delivering mail in San Francisco

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Restaurant Reviews

photo by Kenneth M., yelp.com

How's this for a great find: restaurant reviews of the Inner Sunset, from yelp.com. Let's start with Art's Cafe. Always popular with neighborhood folks, Art's often has long lines waiting to get in. Is it worth it? Yes! The owners are super nice, and they have post cards (delivered by me!) on the counter from all over the world, attesting to their popularity.

Another of my favorites is Yumma's Cafe. Again, the owners are super nice, and the food is delicious. Check out this menu:
photo by Chris B., yelp.com


Arizmendi Bakery is another VERY popular place. Unfortunately, their food is too tempting for me, so I didn't eat there often. But, the few times I stopped for a quick lunch (eaten while walking up to the bus stop on my way back to the PO), I found the food d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s. The fact that they operate as a co-operative is one more plus in their favor.

photo by Netty L, yelp.com


The final one I'll highlight today is Pasquale's Pizza. Fortunately for me, no one has posted photos online at yelp.com for Pasquale's, and I have LOTS of photos taken there! The owner, chef, and all the workers were so accommodating to my photographic intrique with Pasquale's, that they allowed me to photograph them on several occasions. Some day, I'd love to post some of these photos online, as a series. In the meanwhile, I'll search for a simple photo taken of the building. If I'm lucky, I'll post it at yelp, in appreciation of the other fine photographs I found there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home