Endless Creativity
It gives me great pleasure to introduce you to the mother of a friend of mine. This video, produced by her daughter and my friend, Christabel Savalas, tells the life story of her mother, Helena Macree Tsavalas. The film is titled "Endless Creativity", and after watching this clip, you'll see why:
If you like what you see, and want to purchase the DVD, or if you just want to support Christabel and her artistic efforts, send $20 to:
Christabel Savalas
951 Eddy Street #405
San Francisco CA 94109
I first met Christabel when she lived on 8th Avenue, in the Inner Sunset. I delivered mail to her for many months before the 1300 block was removed from my route. After that, I continued to see Christabel frequently in the neighborhood. She is a warm and wonderful woman, full of vivacity and creativity. She's held many jobs during the time I've known her, including tour guide extraordinaire (speaking 4 languages, I believe!), actress, and film-maker. I enjoyed her earlier production, called Roommates - especially since she included local residents as actors in the film! And, I cherish the opportunity she gave to all of us invited to the viewing of her mother's dolls. What a remarkable mother and daughter team!
Christabel's video "Endless Creativity" is the recent winner of Hawaii's Aloha Accolade award, and the money she raises now will help pay her way to Honolulu to accept this award in March. Way to go, woman!
PS - You may recognize the name Savalas, immortalized by Christabel's first cousin Telly, of Kojak fame. It is clear that creativity runs in this family...


2 Comments:
Here's a write-up from the SF Film Society: "Christabel Savalas’s Endless Creativity: The Life of Helena Macree Tsavalas received the Aloha Accolade award at the Honolulu International Film Festival last March and was screened at the Palm Springs ShortFest in June."
12:21 PM
SF Film Society article
12:22 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home