Andronico's No More
When I began my mail delivery route, the grocery store at 12th and Funston was known as "Park and Shop". In 1994 it became "Andronico's". And now, it will become "Safeway Community Markets". I just hope the quality of their produce, and the variety of their offerings, does not fall by the wayside!
As letter carriers, we would occasionally meet one another for lunch at Andronico's after we finished our routes. The parking lot was big enough to always find a space, and the cool air and deli choices were enough to entice us. This wasn't, however, our favorite place to meet for lunch. No, for that we chose the pizza place at 9th and Judah. There we had a cozy table, and a waitress and cook who looked forward to seeing us. Ah, the comraderie! This I truly miss!! So, farewell, Andronico's!
https://hoodline.relaymedia.com/amp/2017/09/end-of-shelf-life-irving-st-andronico-s-signs-coming-down


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home